Blogs are everywhere. Mommy blogs, home blogs, health blogs, money blogs and even blogging blogs. I have been blogging on and off since 2004. Yes. 2004. For over a decade, I have been blogging. One thing I was always missing was a focus.
My first blog was a scintillating tale of days working in a county government office followed by pictures of shoes, mostly. I really loved my shoes back in the day. Over the next few years I kept blogging, mostly for myself, and my friends, and I never really went anywhere. Lately, feeling a little bit as if my life was spiraling out of my control, I decided to take it back. One thing I’ve always done to ground myself? Writing.
So I decided to re-launch my most recent blog because I really love the name Life All Around, but to really focus this time around. I researched, visiting many, many, blogs about blogging, purchased a few things, jumped into self-hosting with WordPress, and identified 5 things I wanted to blog about. My goal is to take control of my life.
There are five areas I want to focus on. Health, finances, organization, home, and books.
- Health. I am seriously overweight. I’ve always been larger than average, but I recently realized I could lose 50 pounds and still be fat. Also, I really like cake, which causes problems. So I’m taking control of my health.
- Finances. Student loans are the worst. The worst. Between my husband and I, we have the equivalent of 6 degrees. Two bachelor’s degrees and four master’s. That’s a lot of knowledge, but it’s also a lot of debt. We do ok, but I would really like to do better than ok.
- Organization. I love stationery. I’m great, really great, at picking out beautiful planners and pens. I try to use my planner daily, and this helps. But there is still a lot of organization that needs to happen in our lives. I want to move into our new house with a plan.
- Home. We are building a new house! I am beyond excited. While I am sad to leave this house, the first house I ever lived in, I am in love with our new house and everything we have picked to go in, and the potential for making it truly our own.
- Books. I read a lot. I’m a librarian by day after all. I also have the opportunity to receive quite a few books early, or for free. Since my life’s goal is worldwide literacy, sharing these books with you is my own personal candy, as it were.
Goals. I have ’em.
I do have a purpose. Reason for writing. A few of them, actually. I’ll go more into depth on my b logging goals in another post, but quickly, I want to make a difference. I want to publish content that will motivate, or help someone. Anyone. I want to stabilize my family. Like I said, we’re good, but we can be great. Mostly though? The number one goal I have is to take control of my life. All of it.
So buckle up, readers. This is life. No holds barred. Taking charge.
What parts of your life do you want to take charge of? Are you chronicling it? If not, why not?